Want a green career?
Want to reduce climate impacts?
Join RenewableNY! RenewableNY is Catskill Mountainkeeper’s program that is helping transform the state’s energy landscape by demonstrating that a clean and prosperous future built around efficiency and renewables is well within reach! RenewableNY is dedicated to providing energy and environmental education services to the local community.
RenewableNY is looking for new Energy Corps interns for the Summer of 2017 to assist with the continued efforts of our Solarize Sullivan campaign. Interns will assist with conducting community outreach services related to solar energy and energy efficiency, helping to cut carbon, create green jobs, stimulate the local economy, and support community members in becoming energy and environmental stewards. Interns will gain knowledge and experience in the field of clean energy, environment, public sector, and non-profit work.
Type of Position
Summer: Intern, Paid
- Assist with organizing educational public events and program development
- Attend educational presentations to a diverse public around the region
- Work with leaders of businesses, non-profits, schools and municipalities on solar and energy efficiency
- Provide quality community service support over phone, in person, and through e-mail
- Market local and statewide energy initiatives
- Create/edit marketing and educational materials
- Undergraduate students/ High School Students from any discipline may apply
- Students with a demonstrated interest in energy, environmental science, education, social marketing, community organizing, client service, graphic design, and non-profit work are encouraged to apply
- Strong communication and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally as a part of a team and independently
- Flexibility and a desire to apply and acquire new skills is a must
- Strong computer, graphic design, web applications and video production is a plus but not required
- Experience and/or course work related to clean energy is a plus but not required.
Selection and Initial Training Process
Start Date: May 22nd, 2017
Deadline: April 14th, 2017
- Fill out the form below. Send your resume, cover letter, 250-word writing sample, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful candidates will be notified within a week of their interview
- Training materials will be sent to interns for review at least a week prior to the start date
- Initial training occurs during the first week of the internship.